RULES AND REGULATIONS AT FACILITY
Here at Sticks n Bones our main priority is to provide comfort and safety to all dogs that we welcome into our facility, and in turn, provide peace of mind to owners while their dog(s) are in our care. To ensure this, we require all clients to read and comply with the Rules and Regulations stated below. Please initial on the space provided after each paragraph indicating your understanding and acceptance of the Rules and Regulations. Providing your signature on the last page of this document will acknowledge and verify your acceptance, understanding and adherence to the Rules and Regulations herein.
COMMUNICATION AND TRANSPARENCY We pride ourselves on our honesty, transparency, and persistent communication with our clients. We know you want to know exactly how your dog’s time with us was, and we are eager to share. In the event of an urgent matter, we will always attempt to reach you, and if unable, your additional contact, or your emergency contact right by phone number provided by you. To ensure we are continuously able to provide a safe environment for your dog, and all other guests in our care, we expect all owners to maintain honest good faith dealings with Sticks n Bones, this includes providing up-to-date and accurate contact information for yourself, your additional contact and emergency contact.
DOG SOCIALIZATION POLICY AND CRITERIA All of our staff are constantly supervising the social interactions between dogs at our facility. Our staff are trained to detect inappropriate behaviour and unbalanced play. The safety and comfort of all dogs, staff and visitors is our first priority. Whether you are a new or returning guest, your dog will be monitored by our staff. In order to socialize with other dogs at the facility, your dog must meet our sociability criteria. Some behaviours we discourage and can result in non-admittance or expulsion according to Sticks n Bones staff final and exclusive authority, include excessive barking, mounting (humping), toy/food possession/guarding, rough play, and bullying. We will attempt to redirect undesirable actions with the use of tools such as dog backpacks and leash guidance. If unsuccessful, we will always take preventative measures by removing the offending dog from our social area and informing the owner. We require clients to notify us of any altercations or incidents that occur outside of our facility that could affect your dog’s social skills or cause them to become reactive, compromising their interactions with other dogs at Sticks n Bones’ facility.
TRIAL ASSESSMENT Before booking a reservation for daycare or boarding, your dog must first pass and complete a mandatory assessment which can be scheduled between 10am – 11am by calling our office at least 24 hours in advance. This allows us to assess how your dog is with the staff and how responsive they will be to commands when required, Some of our guests have also been reactive with the staff wearing their masks, this is to ensure they are able to feel safe with the staff and not be reactive. This assessment is to ensure the safety of not only our staff but as well as your dog and the other guests who will be here during their time.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS Vaccinations are essential for protecting dogs from many dangerous diseases and eliminating the ability of transmission between dogs. Your dog must be up to date on the following vaccines prior to EVERY visit:
- Canine Distemper, Canine Adenovirus or Hepatitis, Parvovirus, and Parainfluenza (collectively Da2PP or DHPP)
- Bordetella (kennel cough) We require evidence from your veterinarian of your dog’s current vaccination status via a Vaccination Certificate stating that all abovementioned vaccines have been administered, and when they will expire. Please note that many veterinarians will only administer the Bordetella vaccination by request. Please allow a minimum of 72 hours to pass between your dog receiving its vaccinations and using our services. Failure to do any of the above requirements regarding vaccinations will result in a refusal of service.
WORM, FLEA AND TICK PREVENTION It is mandatory that your dog be on worm, flea, and tick prevention programs throughout the necessary months of the year (May to October). We expect our clients to maintain up to date vaccinations and provide a copy of each renewal certificate to email@example.com. To ensure safety, failure to abide by the terms of the worm, flea and tick prevention protocol will result in a refusal of service.
SPAY/NEUTER To prevent any hormone provoked altercations, we do not permit unaltered dogs above the age of 7 months to socialize with other guests at our facility. Unaltered puppies 7 months and younger are closely supervised and may be separated from the social group by staff as a precautionary measure should they feel the safety of your dog, other dogs, or staff, may be compromised.
BEHAVIOUR AND SAFETY We strive to continuously provide a positive and peaceful environment for dogs at our facility, clients, and staff. Although we are equipped to handle dogs of all situations, should something happen with your dog that we deem unacceptable, we will contact you, and if unable, your emergency contact or appointment temporary agent, to come and pick up your dog at that time. Please note that as the owner of the dog deemed to be the aggressor by the sole authority of Sticks n Bones staff, you are responsible for all damages and costs should your dog cause injuries or damages to other dogs, staff members or clients. We expect honest, accurate, and detailed information from our clients regarding the temperament and behaviour of your dog, to ensure efficient precautionary actions are effectively being made, eliminating the chances of an altercation.
ADDITIONAL, EMERGENCY, AND AGENT CONTACTS In the event of an emergency, or regarding any urgent matter, if we are unable to contact you, we will contact your additional contact and then your emergency contact to represent you as the guardian of your dog. This responsibility includes making any decisions regarding the health/safety of your dog and assuming all liability, including but not limited to liability for any veterinary costs, fees or bills. If you require an additional adult to represent you to drop off/pick up your dog from a specific reservation that is not your emergency contact, you can fill in a temporary agent form available in the office. Temporary agents are required to have all documentation completed, an Ontario Valid ID presented, and will only be granted access to your dog for the reservation(s) specified on their temporary agent form. After their appointed reservation, their status as temporary agent will be terminated, unless you request to add them as a full-time emergency contact. We are only permitted to release your dog, book a reservation, and release/discuss information pertaining to your dog solely to members added onto your file under additional contact, emergency contact(s), or reservation specific temporary agent(s). Temporary Agents(s) resume the full responsibility of an Emergency Contact for their specified reservation. All appointed contacts, including the owner, must be a legal adult 18+ years of age.
HEALTH If your dog is not feeling well (e.g. persistent vomiting/diarrhea, fatigue, etc.) we ask that you do not bring them to our facility and have them medically checked by a veterinarian prior to coming to our facility to ensure the other dogs staying at our location are not affected. If your dog has visited the veterinarian within 30 days of your scheduled checkin for poor health and/or anything related to illness/injury, a ‘Bill of Clean Health’ certified by your veterinarian must be provided upon check-in, stating that the dog is healthy enough to enter our facility and participate in activities associated with our facility. Failure to provide this may result in a refusal of service. In order to maintain your dog’s optimal health and wellness, we require our clients to inform and continually update Sticks n Bones of any medical concerns, new or worsened sensitivities, and/or physical conditions or limitations throughout their enrolment with us.
MEDICATION We are happy to administer required medication to your dog while they are in our care. In order to do so, a Medication Form must be completed upon every visit and all medication must be provided and clearly identifiable in its original container. Although we will do our best to administer required medication as per your instruction, should your dog not comply with accepting their medication, we will not force them to take it to avoid them becoming stressed or aggravated. Please note, Sticks n Bones staff are not trained veterinary technicians and only have limited access to information on animal medicine. With the health and safety of your dog as a first priority, we may decline your reservation should we feel the process of administering their medication is too complex, or the medical care they require is beyond our capability.
EMERGENCIES In the event of an emergency, or regarding any urgent matter as determined by us, we will attempt to contact you, and if unsuccessful your emergency contact(s) or temporary appointment agent(s). If we are unable to reach you or your emergency contact, Sticks n Bones will arrange for their transport to a veterinarian nearest our facility, or your preferred veterinarian stated on your file under the circumstance that the dog’s condition is not life threatening. Please note that as the owner you are solely responsible for all medical and veterinary costs. If Sticks n Bones is required to pay for veterinary services ordered by a veterinarian, YOU will be solely responsible for paying Sticks n Bones the full amount owed. Failure to pay will result in interest charges owing to Sticks n Bones, and/or the full amount owing charged to the credit card on file.
A. Boarding– all boarding dogs are required to provide their own food and additives and it is suggested you do not change their food right before their stay with us to avoid any gastrointestinal upsets. Boarding feedings are administered between 6:00AM-7:00AM and 6:00PM-7:00PM, before and after daily guests arrive, to ensure calmness throughout the facility during digestion. Food is required to be pre-packaged in Ziplock bags or containers with your dog’s name on it and portioned out per meal to ensure the accurate volume of food is always administered. We always suggest packing a few extra meals for your dog in the case of unplanned delays or if we feel your dog should be eating more due to their activity level while with us. Should your dog run out of food while they are in our care, we will send a staff member to retrieve a suitable amount of the same brand of food from a pet store to fulfill them until your return. You will be solely responsible for this fee upon pick-up of your dog. Failure to pay will result in charges applied to the credit card on file.
B. Daycare– To avoid gastrointestinal disorders such as, but not limited to, abdominal bloating, daycare dog above the age of 7 months are not permitted to be fed while at the facility, and it is highly suggested for them to be fed a minimum of 1 hour prior to attending and 1 hour after settling at home. Daycare dogs 7 months and younger are permitted a ‘Lunch Break’ where they will be separated into a suite for 1 hour to eat and digest their meal undisturbed. Daycare meals are required to be provided in a Ziplock bag or container with the dog’s name on it.
PERSONAL BELONGINGS We keep a generous stock of bowls, beds, toys, and treats for our guests to enjoy at all times. Unless due to allergies or medical reasons, we ask that you do not bring personal items of value with your dog for their reservation. We always try our best to stow away each guest’s belongings accordingly but mix ups can occur. We are not responsible for the loss or damage of any personal items or belongings. Please remember this when bringing irreplaceable items to our facility.
LEASHES AND COLLARS It is mandatory for your dog to wear a collar at all times while attending the facility. It is also mandatory that your dog be leashed and under control during entry and exit to the facility including in the parking lot.
RESERVATIONS, CANCELLATIONS, AND PAYMENTS
- Whether you require daycare or boarding, it is mandatory to pre-book all reservations. All reservations requested through our online portal are only guaranteed once they have been confirmed by us. A confirmation email will be sent once a reservation has been confirmed indicating the dates you’ve booked, drop off and pick up times you’ve scheduled, and including your reservation invoice. We advise giving as much notice as possible when booking a reservation as availability runs on a first come first serve basis. If we do not have availability to provide services for the dates you’ve requested, we will put you on our waitlist and contact you as soon as possible should our availability open up.
- At Sticks n Bones we never over lodge, and due to this, no shows and late cancellations have a severe impact on our facility. Cancellations are accepted either by contacting our office, or via our online portal, and are required to be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to scheduled check-in to avoid additional fees. Failure to notify Sticks n Bones at least 48 hours in advance of a cancellation will result in the full session price being charged.
- THERE IS A STRICT NO-REFUND POLICY FOR ALL SERVICES PURCHASED. A full list of our services and other applicable fees is available upon request. Full payment of services is required to be paid prior to or upon check-out, per reservation. Holiday surcharges may apply to reservations booked during Holidays and long weekends. All pre-paid packages must be purchased prior to or on the day of check-in, must be paid in full, are non-refundable or exchangeable, and do not expire. Service and package prices are subject to change at any time.
- We offer a fur-sibling discount for multi-dog families. This discount only applies to dogs living at the same address, attending on the same day, and lodging in the same room at our facility.
- Any damages caused to Sticks n Bones property by you or your Dog must be covered by you, prior to or upon check-out. A credit card form is required to be completed during your enrolment and will be kept on your file. It is mandatory this credit card be up to date and valid at all times. Failure to do so will result in Sticks n Bones pursuing legal action against you or your estate.
- There is a Holiday Surcharge of $3.00/day per dog for Daycare, and $6.00/night per dog for Boarding during any reservations booked over statutory Holidays. The Holiday surcharge also applies to guests paying with a package.
ENTRY AND EXIT AT FACILITY You are responsible for bringing your dog into and out of the facility. All dogs should be leashed and under control at all times. Staff is not permitted to exit the facility when accepting or returning your dog.
DESIGNATED HOURS OF OPERATION
- Designated check-in hours for overnight reservations are between the hours of 7:00am – 7:00pm Monday through Friday and 7:00am – 6:00pm Saturdays and Sundays. Designated check-out hours for overnight reservations are between the hours of 7:00am – 10:59am Monday through Sunday.
- Late check-out (after 11:00am) can be arranged by purchasing a late check-out add-on, giving you until 1:59pm for pick up or a FULL day daycare add on after 2:00pm till Close. (Monday – Friday 7:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 6:00pm)
- Daycare hours are 7:00am – 7:00pm Monday through Friday and 7:00am – 6:00pm Saturdays and Sundays.
- Operating and Designated hours may be altered for Holidays and long weekends. Failure to comply with designated hours and/or give appropriate notice will result in additional charges. For safety reasons, there is no possibility to drop off or pick up your dog outside of the operating hours mentioned above, and any requests to do so will be denied.